Working Student French Customer Service for Online Games *
* GameDuell is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and does not discriminate in its hiring practices.
Are you looking for a job that challenges you and is fun at the same time? Do you love making people happy? Do you enjoy working in an international and friendly team? Then GameDuell is the right place for you.
Work with us in the exciting online games sector and become part of one of the largest games communities with more than 130 million members worldwide! As part of our Customer Service Team, you are responsible for keeping the happiness of our users and the quality of our Customer Service at a high level.
– You are the direct contact point for our French speaking customers
– You take care of customer questions regarding our games, features, payments, etc.
– You assist with technical queries
– You answer emails and in-app messages, and phone calls
What we expect
– French at a native level
– You are currently enrolled as a student
– Good English spoken skills (additional good command of German would be a plus)
– Impeccable communication skills, both written and verbal
– Have a friendly approach with customers
– You are confident on the telephone
What we offer
– Very interesting tasks with Germany’s largest cross-platform games community
– A dynamic, friendly, and international team. Fun at work is guaranteed
– One of the best working spaces in Berlin: our office in Mitte! Includes free soft drinks, fruit, pool table, table tennis, game events, sports courses, regular parties, a sunny rooftop terrace, and much more
– Starting date: as soon as possible
– Working hours: 10-20 hours per week, flexible around university plans (also possible sometimes in the evening, weekends or public holidays)
– Working time in the evening, weekend or public holiday is possible from home, in addition you will receive a weekend and public holiday surcharge
We look forward to receiving your application, including possible starting date. Please send your application as PDF via e-mail to Barbara Pitula (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject line ‘Working Student French Customer Service’. Please note that applications sent by post will not be processed and cannot be returned.